We have received an excellent opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join an expert consultancy to the Oil & Gas industry on a permanent basis in Bristol. Our client provides classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewable industries. Due to an increase workload they are looking for an Application Support Analyst to join their expert team.
The Candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities including:
- Responsible for developing sophisticated engineering tools for designing and operating farms of wind, solar, wave and tidal devices.
- Monitor support and maintain client facing production environments.
- Work with Software Developers to plan, test and implement software upgrades.
- Provide rapid response and resolution to complex incidents on a variety of production systems.
- Developing deep product expertise across a suite of services and applications.
- Reproducing and documenting software defects, making recommendations for product enhancements and contributing to system architecture design.
- 1st line support and maintenance of multiple hosted servers used to deliver the services supported by the team.
- Work on ad-hoc scripts and tools to automate testing and maintenance tasks relating to the various systems.
- Provide consistent, high standard of support to users through use of relevant processes and documented procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in a technical support role.
- Experience of delivering support through a ticketing system approach.
- Proficient in SQL language.
- Experience working in an application support role on a production system.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on or email Ashley.clarke @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13992, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job