Our client is a regional manufacturing business based near Durham who are looking for a System Support Analyst to join their team on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will join the team that supports and administers the key business applications for our in-house operations on a day to day basis.
The role will involve providing a high level of customer service and support, performing administrative tasks on systems, analysing business processes to specify change and testing of applications. The role will also involve an element of working directly with our customer-base to gather their integration requirements before translating them into requirements for our developers.
- Provide Application Support to our bespoke ERP business system. Covering Sales, Purchase, Stock, Manufacturing and Reporting.
- Resolve customer problems in a timely manner, whilst identifying possible application improvements.
- Engaging with fellow support colleagues and the development team to continuously improve our applications and processes
- Converting business requirements into documented functional and technical specifications, as well as testing of subsequent software changes
- Involvement with projects within team and across teams
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Ambition, drive and motivation - this is an excellent long-term opportunity in a large IT department which is critical to business operations
- Experience providing application support
- Able to problem-solve efficiently and effectively
- Strong team Player
- Able to work under pressure and demands of the business
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications
- Able to work on own initiative and show desire to learn and develop
Beneficial but non-essential experience:
- Understanding of SQL and database structures
- FI/FO stock valuation and stock management
If you feel that you are suited to the role, please submit your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job