Application Support Analyst based in Altrincham
Salary up to £27,000 (Dependent on Experience)
An opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK's leading providers of care services as an Software Support Administrator within a newly appointed IT division.
The organisation provides home care services to older people and vulnerable members of the community across the UK. Within this role you will be part of the infrastructure that provides support to the front end users of software packages and applications.
The Application Support Administrator’s role is to supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate advising of technical teams. The Application Support Administrator is also responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications, access and support of systems necessary for business operations. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user groups on issues related to the use, maintenance, support and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user access requests/requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Occasional on-site support for the BAU team is required, assiting with implementation tasks.
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage and best practices.
- Develop maintenance plans for all required applications within the business.
- Manage the upgrade, patching, and maintenance life cycle for all applications as needed.
- Assist in QA process for all new applications and provide services/support to project management teams working to implement new systems and applications within the business.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
It also worth taking note of other work related circumstances:
- Occasional on-site work required to support Business as Usual (BAU) implementations with overnight stays (expenses covered).
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
Please send your CV through, in the first instance if you would like to be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job