Our client is a commercial broadcaster who has been at the forefront of digital television for more than 20 years.
- To support the media management workflow from supply inwards through to delivery to third parties.
- Utilise IT and production monitoring and process checks to identify and diagnose complex service impacting issues across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Analysis and resolution of a diverse range of incidents impacting live workflows. Initiate and communicate response to service disruption and support proactive measures aimed at preventing a recurrence.
- Logging all incidents accurately and documenting all investigative activities; including all technical means employed to ascertain the nature of the fault and remedial action is taken.
- Managing incident and escalating as appropriate as per defined process.
- Keep up to date with operational changes, ensuring that actions are taken in line with best practice.
- Use strong communication skills to articulate accurate information to technical and non-technical audiences in the course of addressing an incident, and in related actions afterward.
- To become the support export with the content platform, including Freeway, Vidispine, DataDog and any other system/software required.
- Write specification documents for system enhancements, process and organisation change and improvements.
- To maintain the content security standards required by the business and report any breeches immediately to line manager or Infosec manager.
- To develop, document and constantly review standard operating procedures for the role, including training guides, disaster recovery procedures and contact lists.
- Such other related duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Experience, knowledge & skills required
- Demonstrable IT support experience in a software-based environment
- Understand about networks, IP and IT environments - Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP desireable
- Active Directory
- Knowledge of ITIL support model, ideally foundation certified in ITIL v2 or greater
- Experience with dealing with internal and external providers professionally and calmly, even when under pressure.
- Ideally to have experience and passion in media industry, with media assets and asset management systems, video codecs and transcoder profiles.
- Knowledge of best practice in IT security, policies and procedures
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of scripts, XML, XSLT or an interest in learning is desirable
- Some experience of public cloud experience, ideally in AWS, is desirable
- To have experience of platform monitoring tools, ideally DataDog and CloudHealth.
- Experience of Jira and Confluence.
- A genuine interest in learning how TV works and broadcast workflow
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development.
- A desire to be part of a team and achieve team goals
- To continually strive to improve overall Technology & Operations effectiveness
- Strong communicator
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong time management and self-motiviation skills
- A lateral thinker
- A genuine interest in learning how TV and content management works. Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices.
Hours of Work
- This position is office hours with after-hours call out on a rota basis.
- Application Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'