Full Time, Permanent
Are you a hard-working Application Specialist with a keen eye for detail?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for an Application Specialist to work with one of their well-established and very successful clients based in Chelmsford.
As the Application Specialist you will be reporting to the Senior Management Team and working closely with the Group IT Team and end users of in house application. You will be responsible for specification and configuration of TMS and Optimisation system enhancements, proactively identifying opportunities to use functionality to better support business processes. The role holder will work with management and end-users to support new and existing applications and reports.
Principle Responsibilities for the Application Specialist:
- Analyse and evaluate the software and systems that the business utilises and implement improvements
- Research, evaluate and test new software programs
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve internal applications
- Enhance existing applications to support new automation and business requirements;
- Test system upgrades, support packages, disaster recovery scenarios
- Follow company procedures to help create and maintain relevant documentation.
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Integrate existing software products and work on ensuring incompatible platforms come together
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Write operational and process flow documentation
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defect
- Consult colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating practices
- Investigate new technologies
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Provide day-to-day technical and functional assistance to end users
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- High level of IT skills needed for writing reports, query data and developing existing procedures, this is to including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Team player, working closely with employees and software vendors
- Be able to prioritise, plan and organise workloads whilst in a busy environment
- Good communication and inter personnel skills
- Must have excellent decision-making skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations head on
This is a full time permanent Application Specialist position working Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:30 offering a salary of £35,000
If this Application Specialist position sounds like you then please forward your CV to Harry MacNicol at Coulter Elite Resourcing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'