Toucan recruitment are looking for an Application Engineer to join a growing organisation with great staff benefits.
Ideal candidate should have a degree or at least 3 years experience in the industry.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with production, sales and customers, and be responsible for the design, development, application and qualification of thermal spray coating solutions and related processes.
The position works within the Engineering Department but will require a liaison with all other departments to ensure responsibilities are carried out effectively.
- To engineer thermal spray coating solutions that meet the clients customer requirements.
- To develop coating application methods suitable for ongoing production.
- To liaise with, and vet necessary suppliers as required.
- To develop new and complementary processes that support production and increase in-house capability.
- To prepare appropriate work instructions from customer supplied information.
- To provide appropriate technical support to sales and production.
- To manage application & improvement projects within budget & timescales.
- To provide accurate job costings and review manufacturing costs accordingly.
- To be customer facing, and liaise on all related technical matters where appropriate.
- To attend meetings and prepare reports for management review as requested.
- To provide mentoring support and training to co-workers as required.
- To be commercially responsible at all times, safeguarding proprietary information, minimising wastage and not exposing the company to unnecessary risk.
- To maintain a clean & safe environment, working within the Company's quality, health, safety and environmental management systems at all times.
- To undertake any other related duties as requested by your manager.
- To have an in-depth knowledge of the thermal spray industry, its processes and spraying techniques.
- To have a keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients;
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
- Coatings Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job