Application Engineer – Reliability
Location: Home based - Regularly required in the Rotherham Office
Customer/prospect site visits as required. UK wide.
Some foreign travel should be expected.
Salary: £40-60k DoE
Purpose of the Application Engineer:
- Pre-sales - technical presentations, product demonstrations, and responses to technical issues.
- Post-sales - technical aspects identified for follow up visits.
- Customer training - presentation of formal training courses.
- Professional Services - specifying and performing engineering consultancy projects.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Application Engineer:
- Manage product rollout for a large engineering customer and be the main technical contact point
- Demonstrate and present HBM Prenscia products, services, and technology to current andprospective customers, in conjunction with Account Managers.
- Liaise with existing customers over their use of HBM Prenscia products, to investigate problemsand propose solutions.
- Create presentation material, including slide shows, technical papers and application notes.
- Present the company's standard training course material and act as tutor during hands-on sessions.
- Where customised consultancy or tailored software solutions are required. Engineers should:
- Help the customer to define their requirements
- Write clear specification of the work to be done
- Assist with producing project plans and costs.
- Execute the project to successful and timely delivery
- Keep up to date with current industry practice and relevant technical developments.
- Be aware of competitor strengths and weaknesses.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience required of the Application Engineer:
- BEng or HNC/HND plus industry experience
- Working knowledge of Reliability environments and software products
- Background of working in engineering or manufacturing markets
- Sound engineering understanding of a wide range of applications.
- Good presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Good team working skills with colleagues and customers.
- High standard of professional integrity.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Application Engineer role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job