Job title Application Discovery and Packaging Analyst
Location: South West England
Salary: Depending on experience plus 5% flexible benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Application Discovery and Packaging Analyst to work as part of a small team of Application Discoverers and Application Packagers as well the team lead.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a team helping manage end to end delivery of applications and on-going lifecycle management for the applications assigned.
They will be joining a large, established account and own and deliver projects, ensuring that they work with Sopra Steria staff as well as client requirements in a smooth manner ensuring contractual obligations are achieved.
You should be capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance for this great opportunity.
- Arrange meetings with the customer stakeholders and assist with collation of packaging requirements
- Record the requirements in the Applications database and update collateral as appropriate
- Manage application readiness to the established user interaction date or manage end-user testers expectations if there are issues
- Own the interface between the application requestor and the packaging engineers
- Co-ordinate test script creation, test execution and analysis of test results.
- Ensure all discovery and test documentation created is completed to standard.
- Seek sign-off for entry into User or Business Assurance Testing.
- Timely escalation of any issues that are not being resolved.
- Provide support/analysis to packaging, customer, PMs as required
- Update and manage the Application Portfolio as requests are progressing.
- Assist with the piloting and rollout of applications as part of release management.
- Day to day service management tooling queue management.
Vocational/Diploma/Associate Degree (technical field) or relevant demonstrable experience in a related field
Demonstrable experience in end to end management of desktop application packaging requests and ongoing lifecycle management to include:
- Discovery, Packaging, Integration, Testing / UAT, Release
Experience using common business technology. (Office suite, spreadsheets, etc)
Administrative experience of Windows to a level required to perform application installation and configuration
Awareness of application packaging methodologies and techniques used by application packagers
Strong communication, troubleshooting and analytical skills
Strong customer service skills, focused upon meeting customer needs
Complex service delivery experience, preferably in a Multi-Vendor environment
Knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL V3 Reference model
- Experience in management of applications on non windows platforms, e.g. Mac, iPhone, etc.
- Practical knowledge / experience in application packaging, scripting
- Project management experience would be desirable
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenge
- Service Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job