Permanent, Full time, based in Birmingham, Manchester, Norwich or Cambridge
Mills & Reeve has a strong belief that appropriate and innovative use of IT can significantly contribute to the success of the firm. In recognition of this, the firm’s investment in its IT systems is considerable. The firm’s in-house development team’s primary role is to help ensure that the return on this investment is maximised by delivering bespoke IT solutions to business requirements.
This role will involve the ongoing support, enhancement and development of the firm’s major 3rd party applications (Thompson Reuters 3E and 3E MatterSphere) alongside bespoke, in-house web-applications. The role will also involve the use of Microsoft 365 / Azure technologies and potentially advising and developing against our CMS platform (Kentico). The development work will be performed in line with the firm’s information architecture and in particular will include integration with a variety of the firm’s other information systems. This role represents a unique opportunity for the right individual to hone their existing skills and gain commercial experience within a leading law firm using market-leading technologies
Who will I be working with?
This role will report to the IT Development Manager working closely with the Development team as well as the larger IT department
Main duties and responsibilities
- Full lifecycle design, development and ongoing maintenance and support of 3rd party applications. This will include developing, testing and maintaining program code relating to the applications.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of our existing web-based applications, including migrations to newer platforms.
- System development involving Microsoft 365 / Azure technologies.
- Working closely with other members of the IT department (including development, core business systems, support and training teams) and with third party software suppliers.
- Providing second line support for applications as and when required.
- Attending any meetings or training sessions as required.
- Carrying out any further duties as required by the IT Director/IT Development Manager or Business Systems Architect.
What really sets Mills & Reeve apart from other law firms is the way we work with our clients. We understand that clients, in the 21st century, no longer want a traditional law firm - they want one that embraces forward thinking approaches to service, billing, commercial know-how, innovation, people management and community engagement.
As you would expect, the firm offers a generous salary and benefits. Everyone has different priorities and preferences, so at Mills & Reeve you can choose the benefits that appeal to you. From buying holiday and undergoing health screening to leasing a bicycle - the choice is yours.Our core benefits are:
- Equal all staff bonus based on the firm’s financial performance.
- Generous pension including the option to salary sacrifice.
- Five weeks' annual leave and the option to buy or sell a week each year.
- Extra day of leave for wedding/civil partnership, religious holiday and house moving.
- Bonus week leave every 11th year of continuous service.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
- Income protection after two years’ service.
- Life assurance with the choice of covering between two and 10 times annual basic salary.
- Confidential employee assistance programme providing guidance on every day issues to more complex matters and both telephone and face to face counselling.
- Product Development
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'