Application Developer - Sitecore, Umbraco, Kentico, Sitefinity, .NET
Full-Time, Permanent - Remote Working
A developer role but not as you know it, we do not build websites or applications. The role is about guiding best practice on how to build and architect the perfect solution on modern .NET applications and CMS platforms such as Sitecore, Kentico, Sitefinity or Umbraco and how to get the most from the platform on a technical level. Your day to day will be assisting with the design of cloud hosting solutions for .NET CMS platforms and custom applications, writing scripts to automate and test DevOps (Selenium) on top of the platform and helping resolve major incidents with our clients systems (don’t worry, no bug fixing!). You will provide guidance and recommendations on how to address and resolve issues. This a role for someone who has been doing development work for the last couple of years and is looking to grow in remit, open to learning new technologies, cloud and happy to get their hands dirty where required. You might be from a digital agency [fed up with burning the midnight oil?] or a digital tech team client side. You may be looking to move your career on from pure development to the DevOps or Managed Services space.
Key responsibilities include:
- Problem solving and resolution to incidents caused by application or infrastructure issues for clients
- Working as part of a solution team to design cloud hosting solutions for .NET or custom applications
- Designing, architecting and implementing DevOps tools, pipelines and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Involvement in helping improve and automate our internal processes
You will most likely be working at an agency as a Developer with 1 - 3 years commercial experience, looking for a change from building all day and be ready to take on new challenges. You may have worked on applications such as Sitecore, Kentico, Umbraco, or similar in one way or another. You’re a problem solver who is always there when the team needs you. An organiser and communicator, not the person that fades into the background. You are likely to have a Computer Science degree or similar educational qualifications and you’re familiar with some of the tools and platforms listed below:
- Core: Azure, AWS, Sitecore, Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers, SQL Databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB)
- Others: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Chef, Atlassian, Splunk, Nuget, Chocolatey, Cloudwatch, App Insights, Umbraco, Kentico, Sitefinity, Adobe AEM, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, CDN, SOLR, Redis (or equivalent caching application), Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates etc.
We look for people that are:
- Able to work on complex systems with a small team
- Able to pick things up and learn quickly
- Able to work independently on individual initiatives and/or team projects
Inquisitive in nature
- Have excellent Communication skills
- A positive, team player
- Honest, apolitical.
We are one of the most well respected 24/7 application support teams in the industry. We are the go-to support partner for protecting digital revenue and reputation, through cloud hosting services and DevOps design and implementation.
We are in our fifth year of operation and growing very fast, with staff and offices in London, Singapore, Australia, Malta and the US. Our clients include global and national brands such as Vodafone, Ford, Volvo, and Everton FC.
We are made up of a mixed bunch of night owls, early birds, part-timers and 9-5ers. We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people to join us. Working here means being in an environment where self-motivation, discipline and flexibility are the norm.
Benefits and salary
- A competitive salary
- Opportunities for travel and transfer between offices (Covid-19 allowing)
- Flexible working - we all come from different backgrounds and personal situations. We want you to be able to do your job, whilst still being able to handle your personal commitments.
- Health benefits
- Company pension
- Committed to equal opportunities
- A fund dedicated to your learning and development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'