We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977, We’ve grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.
We deal with thousands of customers every year, providing them with a first class service and helping ensure they can successfully deliver their projects. And that’s where you come in.Package description
Competitive salary plus 2% pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, free parking, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work, child care vouchers and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
An exciting new role has arisen to join our IT department as an Application Developer. The Application Developer will play a key role in the development and implementation of new software, enhancing or consolidating current systems, support of existing applications.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will be:
- Development of new software based on specific requirements
- Support web based applications including the intranet and corporate websites
- Assist CRM Support team, providing jscript support as required
- Continuous improvement of our applications
- Engagement with the business for process and system improvements
- Engagement with Suppliers regarding support incidents
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to ensuring controls are effective
Providing relevant information to Company departments as requiredIdeal candidate
Qualifications & Experience
- Net / C# / VB.Net / SQL Server / ASP.net / Ajax / MVC / WCF/ JQuery / Visual Studio/
- Flexibility to adapt to changes
- Appreciation of service excellence
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and participate in multiple, concurrent projects.
- Experience in managing projects through to completion.
- Self-starter with the initiative to identify and act upon opportunities without direction
- Microsoft Certification
- Knowledge in working with ERP applications
- 1 Year Commercial development experience
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Our vision is to become the best in our sector to do business with and the best to work for!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job