Applications Architect - £57,000-73,000 - Southampton
I am seeking a passionate Applications Architect to join a small team in Southampton, within a large travel company.
This opportunity will require the selected individual to have knowledge of a diverse range of technologies within both digital transformation and web or mobile applications. You will thrive in high pressured environments and enjoy working with 3rd parties, working to strict time constraints in order to deliver a variety of digital applications and large transformation projects. Due to the global nature of this business, their may be the opportunity for international travel across Europe, Asia and the States.
- To work alongside the solutions and project management teams to lead technical estimation and planning activity.
- To provide assistance in the specification and the selection of relevant applications systems to meet the business requirements.
- To assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions and communicate these to the relevant parties.
- To advise on the impact of any technical exceptions, including change requests and changes from specifications etc.
- Work closely with a number of stakeholders across the project lifecycle, presenting technically complex arguments in a simple and captivating way for non-technical audiences.
- Previous experience of delivering architecture in corporate environments.
- Strong understanding of software development.
- Specialist understanding of application and middleware design and architecture.
- Analytical thinking; problem solving skills; keen eye and attention to detail.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminologies into terms understandable to technical and non-technical staff.
This FTSE100 company was founded in the early 1970s and is a market leader in the travel and tourism industries. With their UK business headquartered in central Southampton, they have an excellent reputation and a continuously looking at ways to improve and grow their business. For the right candidate, we can offer an attractive relocation package.
If this role is of interest: please contact Joshua Cooper on , or email him at joshua
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job