API Architect - R and D team, leading telco, Phd / Reseach background.
- gRPC, HTTP-REST, Google protocol buffer
My client are a world leading, multiple award winning telecoms leader that operate at the very forefront of their market. This is an amazing role within a state art environment in one of their most important, tight nit R and D teams in their head office in central London. A great basic, full benefits package, large bonus and pension are on offer as well as the chance for a very rewarding career with cutting edge technology.
We are seeking a candidate with a good research background ideally, possibly Phd level who has experience with high frequency commanding of systems. You will help us develop technologies and methods of providing high-rate API-control of our real-time network systems. The control of these systems is expected to operate in a closed loop, that is external systems will consume high-rate telemetry parameters, and execute commands to modify the properties of the radio access networks in near real time. Thus, the roles are expected to cover both the technologies to ensure the reliable delivery of high-rate, high-volume telemetry to multiple (different) consumers, and the API infrastructure necessary to respond to high-rate commanding coming from the external components.
Useful Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree level or equivalent in Computing Science, Systems Engineering, Telecommunications or related technical discipline;
- Exp in high-rate, high-volume API control of real-time distributed systems;
- Exp in reliable distribution of telemetry;
- Common API technologies such as gRPC, HTTP-REST, Google protocol buffer (protobuf);
- Common message queue/stream technologies such as Kafka, XMPP, rabbit or JMQ;
- Experience of API lifecycle management;
- Experience of migrating systems to SOA or microservices architectures;
- Ability to fully engage, challenge and debate technical solutions with other Subject Matter Experts, both internal and external;
- Excellent self and team awareness skills to guide interactions to the most positive outcomes;
- Ability to drive an ad hoc team to the correct conclusions, even if individual members arrive with pre-conceived notions contrary to that conclusion;
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks, complete them successfully, and within timelines;
- Creative thinker and problem solver, willing to keep options open for as long as productive analysis is occurring, within timelines appropriate for the needs of the business.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Networking technologies and Linux operating systems;
- Use of modelling/configuration languages such as YAML, YANG, JSON for description and control of distributed systems;
- Familiarity with Swagger or RAML;
- Knowledge of OpenConfig;
- Understanding of modern identity management, for example OAuth, OpenID Connect, Mobile Connect;
- Understanding of modern certificate management;
- Experience of microservice architectures and service discovery within those architectures;
- Experience of JIRA software development tool;
- Experience of working in terrestrial or Satcom telecommunications;
- Ability to do-it-all (build systems from scratch) and a desire to be hands-on;
- Deep understanding of modern rapid and agile development methodologies and test-driven, iterative development practices;
- Strong interpersonal skill and oral and written communication skills;
- Agile and open to change;
Willingness and commitment to travel.
- api telecoms gRPC
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job