Job Summary: Overseeing the day to day process of the AP team, making sure they complete all transactions including but not limited to supplier Invoices, statement reconciliation, monitoring AP inbox (distributing/responding to all emails) and assisting senior management in completing the month end process. In addition to the above, the role will involve solution design, development and implementing systems to streamline and integrate systems and across the business.
- Amend invoices and credit notes for both suppliers and subcontractors that have been incorrectly posted.
- Review Aged Creditor’s and Registered reports on a weekly basis.
- Complete review weekly payment runs and resolve any where needed, making sure any issues are fixed prior to payment.
- Assisting AP team with processing invoices during busy times.
- Make sure payment runs are posted by AP team and any issues are dealt with.
- Escalation on queries should be resolved before being escalated to senior management.
- Review supplier reconciliations to confirm they are completed on a timely basis and any issues rectified.
- Ensure all Intercompany journals are posted at the time of entry and Interco reconciliations completed.
- Any ad hoc payments outside of normal process should be managed by AP Manger. Ensure no dummy invoice/credits are posted. All transactions must have a valid invoice associated to the payment.
- CIS return: make sure the figure being submitted matches the Xero entries. AP Manager to not issue return without senior management sign off.
- Assist with the completion of the VAT returns and make payment to HMRC.
- Maintain supplier & subcontractor bank account information.
- As part of the month end process, ensure das many of the invoices are processed before month end closes, focusing on high value first. Review TB and the control accounts making sure they balance back to TB. Any differences to investigated, resolve and highlight to senior management where appropriate.
- Process monthly accruals and prepayment journals.
- Assist with the payroll process which will include access to sensitive data.
- Assist with the posting of other non-contractor costs/billings.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Highlight any team issues to senior management as and when they happen.
- Making sure the AP team are seen as a finance partner to client’s (internally as well as externally).
- Ensure all data on Suppliers is correct and maintained on a timely basis, consistently across all systems.
- Work with other parts of the business to improve and streamline processes within AP and finance
Line Management Duties:
- Lead the team day to day.
- One to one’s on a quarterly basis to ensure objectives are being met and managed - update senior management on the outcome.
- Make sure the team’s work together and lessons learnt are shared across the AP and finance function.
- Team Training.
- Ensure senior management is fully aware of any issues that may be raised directly to them.
-Attention to detail.
-Significant Experience of the AP function.
-Conscientious. Articulate. Polite and Courteous Manner.
-Be able to manage team and understand needs of both business and staff.
-Excellent communication skills and a team player.
-Able to work under self-direction and able to prioritise team workload.
-At least 2 years’ experience as a team leader.
-At least 3 years’ experience of working in a Finance Dept.
-Excel experience including formulae for reporting
-Experience in Xero
- EGCSE’s Grade A-C must include English & Maths.
- ATT qualified or equivalent.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'