Our client based in Birmingham is an established law firm looking to recruit an Anti Money Laundering and Conflicts Assistant. The role is ideal for a graduate calibre candidate with some exposure to compliance KYC, AML or legal Conflicts.
The role will be based within the wider compliance team and entail:
- Assisting with checking documentation and information collected for the new client and matter opening process and escalating any complex queries to the relevant manager for review.
- Assisting with carrying out research in respect of clients and matters, including client websites, using screening software and other appropriate databases.
- Checking and verifying information provided by fee earners and support staff and providing guidance to fee earners and support staff on the necessary information and documentation required to complete the new client and matter opening process.
- Fielding and where possible dealing enquiries from fee earners and support staff and building good rapport.
- Conducting and analysing potential conflicts of interest by using conflicts database searches.
- To liaise with fee earners and others within the firm to mitigate any risks that are identified in the search results.
- To escalate potential conflicts of interest to the relevant where appropriate.
- To be alert to potential commercial conflicts and ensure these are handled appropriately.
- To gain a good understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct rules relating to conflicts of interest and the duties of confidentiality and disclosure.
- To assist with the establishment and maintenance of information barriers.
- To provide administration support within the team.
- To assist with any other duties related to the resolution of conflicts of interest issues as required.
Applicants will have some relevant experience of Compliance/Anti Money Laundering. Exposure to legal would also be desirable although not essential.
Katie Bard is acting as an agency and is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job