Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire and AML Officer to join their team at Northwich office;
Taking on the role of an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Officer in our Northwich Office you will be part of a high-performing team.
The role of AML within the Bank
The Bank's overarching policy is to manage compliance proactively. Our Anti-Money Laundering team ensure that the Bank, its customers, and its employees; operate within all legal and regulatory requirements and that the regulator is satisfied with the Bank's compliance systems and controls. The Bank's policy is to manage AML proactively and to ensure that AML and Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) systems and controls are effective and meet regulatory requirements. The AML team plays an essential role in the Bank, completing a range of monitoring activities, proactively responding to regulatory updates and emerging risks. The team ensures that systems and controls continue to provide a robust response to the threat of money laundering, terrorism financing as well as broader financial crime.
We are looking for:
An Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Officer to work within the Compliance and Risk Department in Northwich and this role will report to the Compliance Manager and Deputy MLRO. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain knowledge of this specialist area; who has an aptitude for complex investigative work, who are looking for a challenging and varied role within the Bank's first line of defense.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
The duties will include assisting the Compliance Manager and Deputy MLRO:
- Assisting the team to ensure the Bank's AML systems and Controls meet or exceed required regulatory standard.
- Ensuring the Bank's systems and controls meet or exceed the required regulatory standards in respect of Data protection and information security.
- Maintain the Bank's Business Continuity plan ensuring it is up to date and meets or exceeds regulatory standards and is fit for purpose.
- Assist in the management of compliance/contingency/risk issues within own area of control and for the Bank.
- Help ensure that the business maintains an appropriate level of awareness of AML and to monitor adherence to the firms Anti Money Laundering Policies and Procedures.
- Help draft annual reports to the senior management of the firm relating to the effectiveness of anti-money laundering procedures.
- Help arrange and ensure that all staff has appropriate training in relation to money laundering.
- Previous compliance work experience within the financial services industry and compliance are desirable.
- Work experience in a multi-disciplined team across business units is also desirable.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation surrounding financial crime.
- Excellent communication skills both written (including report writing) and verbal
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Meticulous and good team player and able to work on own initiative.
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job