Antarctica & Arctic Travel Consultant
Work from home!
$ Competitive salary with commission
About the company
Seeking an Adventure Travel Consultant for a company that offers unparalleled advice and support for planning and arranging a trip to the Polar Regions, from wildlife or cultural tours through to expeditions across ice fields.
With head offices in the UK, the company has built an excellent reputation thanks to their comprehensive website and the feedback and referrals from thousands of happy customers. The team are a diverse mix of office and remote workers, who have an infectious passion for their destinations!
Customers cite the three websites as the best guidebooks to their regions, and the trips and service are second to none! The company is heading towards being not just the global number one for their destinations and a stand-out brand in the travel industry, but also the centre of gravity for a worldwide community of people with an enduring interest in the experiences that can be found at the ends of the earth!
Role & Responsibilities
This Sales-focused position is key to the overall success and continued expansion of the Polar Team. We are specifically looking for a North America-located member of the team (ideally on MST or PST) who would work remotely and help to service an extensive pool of North American customers.
You would join a small, passionate, highly productive team of Polar specialists already operating from both the UK and South America.
This exciting role would really suit someone who:
- Has travelled in the Polar Regions first-hand
- Potentially an ex-expeditionary staff member or field specialist
- Is ambitious, self-motivated and relishes a challenge
- Who has sales experience or strong commercial acumen and a passion for service
- Has the enthusiasm to inspire and bring these regions to life for others
- Is committed to the highest levels of customer service
As part of a growing team your primary role will be to help drive Polar sales to achieve set growth plans. As with other members of the team, you will also be responsible for seeking out new product ideas, helping improve our websites, fostering close working relations with our key partners and supporting the marketing of your destinations.
At times you may be required to meet suppliers, customers, attend industry events and to travel overseas as part of an educational (annually).
Skills & Experience required
- An infectious passion and enthusiasm for the Polar regions
- First-hand experience travelling The Arctic / Antarctica (ideally fairly extensive)
- Some prior experience in a customer-facing role would be beneficial
- An ability to inspire and enthuse potential customers
- Self-motivated and ambitious to achieve
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- Impeccable client facing skills, particularly by phone to an international clientele
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- Degree educated ideally
- This is a home working role, with the flexibility to choose your own workplace. There are already remote workers in place and there is the experience and technology to help bridge gaps in geography
- Working hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday only, however as a small and rapidly growing company there are occasions when work beyond standard office hours is required
- You will be required to help provide out-of-office weekend cover for one weekend a month, which means being available to respond to new enquiries only (max. 2 hours a day)
- Twenty days of paid holiday will be awarded each year, in addition to bank holidays.
- Overseas travel - you can expect an overseas educational trip once a year
- Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience
Applications cannot be considered without a cover letter!
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please apply now with your CV and a full relevant covering letter, addressing your passion and experience travelling the Polar Regions / Arctic / Antarctic (your choice).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job