Do you have a level 3 or higher qualification (certificate, diploma or NVQ) in animal care, animal management or animal technology?
Are you interested in using your qualifications to develop a rewarding career working with a range of laboratory animals?
If so, apply to the Recruitment Team at Envigo and you could be selected to join our trainee licensed animal technologist programme. Starting as an animal technician you will undergo three months of training and personal development to prepare you for your exams and the responsibility of holding a Home Office personal license under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986.
As an Animal Technician, your main responsibilities will be:
- Recording routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture systems
- Providing food, water and bedding to the animals
- Changing cages and associated equipment
- Assisting in the handling of animals for various procedures
- Performing cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Preparing equipment and materials for use on studies
What we need from you:
- The ability to learn and have empathy with the animals and the capability to develop the requisite skills.
- Previous competence working with (and handling) animals within industry
- Specific Animal Care qualifications at level 3 or higher
Envigo recognises that caring for animals is a demanding role and our generous overtime payments see many of our technicians earning 25% or more above their basic salary through contracted weekend and out of hours working.
Once you have obtained a Home Office Personal License you will continue to learn and develop, receiving training and support to progress through our career development programme that recognises and rewards your further achievements, competencies, qualifications and behaviours; if you wish to expand your animal studies then Envigo offers industry specific level 2 and 3 'Institute of Animal Technology’ Diplomas in Animal Science and Technology through paid study release.
Interested? Then apply today to join Envigo and help us achieve our mission - to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job