Animal Care Assistant FTC
Job title: Animal Care Assistant FTC 13 months
Location: South Godstone Animal Centre
Salary: £17,861.78 plus 4% Shift Allowance
Closing date: 4th January 2019
We are looking for two Animal Care Assistants to join the team at South Godstone Animal Centre.
You’ll be providing care for all animals in the Centre, establishing good customer relations and maintaining administration and ensuring health and safety procedures in use.
What you’ll be doing:
- Cleaning of animal accommodation for all domestic species and wildlife to the required standard set by the RSPCA
- Prepare and provide food and water for all animals in the establishment
- Perform regular health checks on all animals and give medical treatments as prescribed by the centres consulting Veterinary Surgeon
- The implanting of microchips and completion of microchip records
- Attend to the needs of the individual animals including providing exercise/socialisation and grooming for all animal within the care of the centre
- Communicating with supporters/adopters, staff and volunteers both face to face, by phone and email
- Completing all relevant animal paperwork and updating the centres computer data base for all animals held on site
What you'll have:
- GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications
- Experience working with domestic animals
- Good animal handling skills are essential
- The successful applicant will have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel etc is essential
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and a positive approach to day to day activities
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items and walk strong dogs
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme.
How to apply:
An application form and job description can be downloaded from our website. We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to: Darren Parrish, Centre manager, RSPCA South Godstone, Eastbourne Road, South Godstone, Surrey, RH9 8JB by the closing date of 4th January 2019.
Interviews will be held on 24th and 25th January at South Godstone Animal Centre.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and personal informaiton. Please visit our website to download our privacy notice www.rspca.org.uk
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'