Our client is a highly successful internet business with a world-wide user base several million strong. They are looking for two passionate and experienced Android Developers to join their Android Client Team based in their office north of Newcastle.
- Have a solid background in Android SDK Development using Java/Android Studio
- Have working experience of OO Programming and design patterns.
- Have working experience on source code management tools (preferably git)
- Be Familiar with Android Material Design guidelines
- Be passionate about making beautiful Android apps that are simple and easy to use.
- Be self-motivated, like to explore and organize your code and projects.
- Think like a team member, not a code-monkey.
Advantageous to have:
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum and using issue tracking software such as JIRA
- Familiarity with Code Review process
- Familiarity with writing and maintaining technical documentation
- Familiarity with unit testing and TDD as well as automated testing (espresso etc)
- Familiarity with Kotlin
- Experience working with third party sdks and libraries
- Develop, improve and innovate on the Android app, writing clean, maintainable and extendable code
- Be part of Android Development Team helping with tackling bugs and implementing new features
- Collaborate alongside Server and Client developers, Project Managers, Product Owners, Designers and QA
- Provide insight to the technical and behavioural direction of the product(s)
- Work closely with external beta testers, to gather feedback and insight
- Write and maintain technical documentation
The right candidates with strong commercial experience will attract a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with excellent equipment in a casual work environment.
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Android SDK
- Object Oriented Programming
- Android Material Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job