Who are we?
WorldRemit - if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards and more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family and friends. We're leading an online revolution and laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
At the heart of all of this is our Engineering function who are looking for an Android developer to join our mobile team to help us build a beautiful app for our customers.
We are a small team but follow the scene’s best practices. MVP, RxJava, Retrofit, Realm, Dagger and CI is our present. Kotlin is in our future. There’s plenty of test coverage, for both unit and automation. We ship every two weeks and work closely with designers, product owners, and developers on other teams.
What we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm and different ideas to the table.
You will have:
- experience with (or willing to learn) reactive programming (RxJava)
- good knowledge of application design patterns such as MVP, MVC, MVVM
- unit testing experience with frameworks like jUnit, mockito
- experience developing mobile applications consuming RESTful API's
You will be someone who:
- is passionate about technology and keen to learn new techniques and methodologies
- is passionate about quality and customer experience
- asks questions and uses experience of those around you
- shares knowledge with the rest of the team
- is keen to take initiatives to improve and collaborate
Nice to haves
- Development experience on non-mobile platforms such as micro-services or web applications
- Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) using Calabash or other UI test frameworks
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
Job Closes 22/04/2018