Android App Developer
Location: Bournemouth, BH4 9AE
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
About the company:
Our client is a growing technology company, founded in 2008. They help organisations to innovate with websites, mobile apps, IoT and wearables, by providing the delivery capability to turn ideas into brilliant products and services. They succeed by creating the space to think objectively, diligent attention to their process and a focus on the details that differentiate.
Duties of the Android App Developer:
- Working alongside the design team you will develop Android applications to specification
- Test applications within the development cycle to ensure that features of the applications are fully functional and work to a speed that meets company standard
- Develop countermeasures to ensure that the user experience is always first rate
- Develop APIs to integrate 3rd party systems
- Utilise automated test and deployment tools like Jenkins and scripts from GIT and Bash when necessary
- Ensure that the security of the applications is up to standard
Requirements of the Android App Developer:
- Your main skill set is developing native apps for Android! They use tools and frameworks such as Dagger, Retrofit and RxJava but experience with these specifics isn't necessary if you can show you're quick to learn.
- They currently target Android API 4.4 and above.
- The codebase is in Java at the moment but they're starting to experiment with converting it to Kotlin.
Candidates may be asked to take a short coding test prior to the interview stage if they are unable to provide sufficient code examples to demonstrate ability.
Android App Developer Benefits:
- A culture where work/life balance gets more than lip-service
- Colleagues who will push you to be the best you can be
- Top of the range workstation
- Optional private medical health care
- Annual pay rise in line with inflation
- Pension scheme
- Option to work remotely up to 2 days a week
- EMI company share options
- Budget to purchase a fitness tracker of your choice
- A workspace that provides you with the opportunity to flourish
- Quarterly reviews and structured CPD
- Tickets to the most relevant conferences and events
- Relocation package from within the EU
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Android App Developer role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job