We are currently recruiting for 2 part-time Ancillary Support Workers (Cleaning) to work closely with young adults with severe autism to support them, ensure they are well cared for and lead as independent a life as possible.
You would be working in a small residential home based in Romsey, Hampshire which is home to 4-6 service users. We are looking for candidates who are totally committed to the provision of a high quality service, with a "hands on" approach and you will ensure that the service users in the home are enabled and supported to look after their own home as much as possible.
As an Ancillary Support Worker (Cleaning) you will carry out general cleaning duties within the home. As part of the care and support team in the home you will also act as a care support worker when required, carrying out all duties expected of a support worker.
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the home including bathrooms, kitchens, service users’ bedrooms and communal areas.
- Monitoring stocks of all cleaning products and consumables.
- Working safely with cleaning materials and equipment in accordance with Health & Safety legislation and Company policies and risk assessments.
- When required, carrying out any of the normal duties of a care support worker.
- Understanding, embracing and following PROACT-SCIPr-UK®, the organisation's core approach to supporting people who present with severe challenging behaviour, reducing stress for them and maintaining your own resilience.
- Using basic IT systems as required, including for data recording, e-learning and the self-service HR system.
The successful candidate should have previous experience as a cleaner as well as working in a health/education enviornment and/or working with adults or children with disabilities.
Our client is a quality-driven employer and you will receive outstanding training to include Skills for Care Certificate, Common Induction Standards, QCF Diploma.
A full Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Excellent benefits to include 7 weeks’ holiday entitlement (pro rata), pension, childcare vouchers, EPA, free meals whilst on duty.
HOURS OF WORK1 x weekend cleaner - 10 hours per day1 x 4 hours each weekday
- Health Care
- Residential Homes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job