Dept.: Protein Analysis.
Salary: Up to £32k
Training: Yes (Full).
Type: Permanent position.
We are looking for someone with education to at least degree level in a relevant subject is essential, as is hands-on experience of developing and validating protein analysis methods, ideally in a biopharmaceutical setting.
Candidates must be familiar with a broad range of protein sample preparation and analytical methods, preferably with involvement in their development, optimisation, validation and implementation.
Examples of relevant techniques are: immunoassays; 2D-gel electrophoresis; enzyme activity assays; HPLC, UPLC and 2D-gel chromatography; sample concentration methods; release methods for vaccine formulations.
Experience of preparing technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, protocols and reports is required.
The successful candidate will also be expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge of ICH guidelines and other regulatory guidance relating to analytical methods.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading the development of methods for the analysis of biopharmaceuticals from feasibility, through method development and validation, to routine use within the Development group and/or transfer to QC.
- Undertaking projects ensuring appropriate methods, assays, techniques and systems are implemented and utilised to meet project targets.
- Taking responsibility for the provision of reagents and consumables required for the project and for documented storage of materials generated.
- Assisting in identifying, evaluating and adapting new technologies where appropriate and helping to ensure that projects operate to a high scientific standard.
- Establishing links and collaborations within and outside as necessary to benefit the project and/or department.
- Assisting senior colleagues in developing scientific and technical strategy.
- Identifying new opportunities as they arise.
- Taking responsibility for the supervision and training of junior staff where appropriate.
- Providing study protocols and reports as required.
- Performing any other duties required by the Line Manager commensurate with grade.
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Porton Biopharma’s Code of Safety Practice and relevant quality standards.
- Maintaining awareness of Industry and International Regulatory Standards and guidance and implementing where appropriate.
- Degree in Biological Science or Chemistry.
- Hands-on experience of developing and validating protein analysis methods.
- Experience of developing and validating protein analysis methods in a biopharmaceutical setting.
- Experience of a broad range of protein sample preparation and analytical methods.
- Wide-ranging experience of general biochemical and/or molecular biology techniques.
- Experience of developing, optimising, validating and/or implementing:
HPLC, UPLC, 2D-gel chromatography, Etc.;
PORTON DOWN / WILTSHIRE / SALISBURY / BASINGSTOKE / BRISTOL / OXFORD / HAMPSHIRE / BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE / CHEMISTRY / PHARMACEUTICAL / PHARMA / GMP / DRUG / BIOPHARM / BIOPHARMACEUTICAL / ASSAY DEVELOPMENT / ANALYTICAL / VALIDATION / SCIENTIFIC / SCIENTIST / METHOD DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST / PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTION / PROCESS DEVELOPMENT / ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT / QUALITY CONTROL / QUALITY ASSURANCE / HPLC / UPLC / PROTEINS / SUPERVISOR / TECHNICAL FILES / TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION / ICH GUIDELINES / US FEDERAL CODES / cGMPs / METHODS / ESSAYS / TECHNIQUES / SYSTEMS / CONSUMABLES / VALIDATING / EVALUATING / TECHNOLOGIES / CHEMIST / CHEMISTRY / BIOLOGICAL / BIOCHEMICAL / OFFICER.
- Assay Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job