Analytical Chemist (Environmental)
Salary circa £17,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience
24 days annual leave plus bank holidays, contributory pension, salary sacrifice schemes
37.5 per week, Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
My client is a reputable and growing environmental testing company based in County Durham. From their spacious and well-equipped laboratories they provide a wide range of fast and high quality tests throughout the UK for the environmental industry. They now have a position of an experienced Analytical Chemists to join their inorganic or organics testing team.
Working to ISO 17025 UKAS and MCERTS standards, as analytical chemist you will be responsible for instrumental analysis of samples, mainly soil, water and leachates by a variety of instrumental methods depending on your division.
In inorganics these will namely be both ICP-MS and ICP-OES as well as Skalar Continuous flow and Ion chromatography testing. In organics it will be predominantly GC-FID and GC-MS. You will also troubleshoot, calibrate and maintain equipment. You may also sometimes support sample preparation during busy periods.
Other duties include:
- Be a role model and set an example to junior staff
- Ensure good housekeeping
- Maintain stock levels and place orders accordingly
- Train other Chemists and Technicians
- Identify opportunities for improvement in analysis
To apply you should demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of testing instrumentation. Either one or more of ICP-MS, ICP-OES, skalar or IC, or GC-MS or GC-FID, ideally in the environmental and/or contract laboratory sectors but other sectors may be considered.
- Education in a chemistry related discipline
- Familiarity with working in a high throughput environment with demanding deadlines.
- You must also be enthusiastic, self motivated, have a good eye for detail and possess good communicative skills, good numeracy and literacy skills.
To find out more about this and other similar roles, please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Gas Chromatography
- Instrumental Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job