Analytical Biochemist £35-48k + Bonus
South East, Permanent ABJ6579
An experienced analytical biochemist or chemist proficient in LCMS you will use LC-MS/MS / QToF and GC-QToF based secondary metabolomics methodologies (targeted and untargeted comparative metabolomics) in the biotechnology field.
This role will support the biochemistry workstreams to deliver strategic priorities by using state of the art facilities equipped with UPLC DAD QTOF MS, UPLC MS/MS and GC QTOF.
Experienced in both LC-MS and GC-MS specialist you will support the technical developments in this field and lead technical interactions with project teams, strategic suppliers and research partners, including the review of outsourced research.
- Support workstreams for targeted and untargeted analytics for key compounds of interest.
- Perform rapid target screening to identify compound of interests using LC-MS/MS and GS-MS.
- Method development to detect variety of natural products using LC-MS QQQ.
- Implement the principles of 'Best Practice' and ensuring technical teams are using defined processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience with LC-MS/MS and GC-MS (you will be using this but LC/MS/MS is more important)- based targeted and untargeted metabolomics with proficiency in bioinformatics, databases, annotation network and big data environments.
- Agilent desirable
- Knowledge in plant primary and secondary metabolism (desirable), and relevant technical experience in a range of techniques for rapid screening is highly desirable.
- Experience in the biotechnology or bioprocessing industry desirable
- Knowledge in chromatography science and natural product chemistry.
- First-hand experience in sample preparation, extraction of metabolites for LC-MS/MS
- Meet project timelines by using automation to ensure efficient and effective delivery of data.
- Excellent communication skills to technical and non-technical, internal, and external audiences
- Ability to identify and leverage key opportunities for intellectual property
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
Full Time. Permanent
Benefits: V Competitive base salary up to 48k + 30 % Bonus, Private Health Insurance, Pension 20%
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'