Job Title: Analytical Analyst
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: South West England
Salary: Circa £22k
The successful applicant will join the Analytical Method Development team, which develops and performs analytical methods to support the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products. These methods are used to characterise existing manufacturing processes, to guide process improvements and to support the introduction of new processes.
Tasks will include operation of electrophoresis systems, including 2-D gel electrophoresis with DIGE, for protein separation and analysis; use of a range of other biochemical methods including application of a range of methods for the characterisation and understanding of proteins and complex protein mixtures.
Communication and key working relationships
- Line Manager
- Other functional heads within the Analytical Method Development group
- Co-workers and project teams within PADG
- Staff in other departments, especially Quality, Manufacturing, Safety and Regulatory
- Sub-contracted laboratories and suppliers
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To undertake established analytical methods in order to assist with the analysis of biopharmaceutical materials.
- Adapt and apply analytical methods where necessary in order to analyse novel materials.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new analytical methods.
- Take responsibility for the provision of reagents and consumables required for the
- work undertaken and document storage of materials generated.
- Prepare protocols and reports as required.
- Establish links and collaborations within the company as necessary to benefit the project and/or department.
- Assist senior colleagues though prioritisation of own work and understanding of project priorities.
- Perform any other duties required by the line manager commensurate with grade.
- Ensure that the project team undertakes work in accordance with the the company’s Code of
- Safety Practice and work within any quality systems that are applicable to the site.
- Maintain awareness of industry and international regulatory standards and implement
- where appropriate (as dictated by project deliverables).
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
GMP / QC ANALYST / ANALYTICAL SCIENTIST / ANALYTICAL CHEMIST / PHARMA / BIOPHARMA / TECH TRANSFER
- Analytical Chemistry
- Analytical Sciences
- tech transfer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job