We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
M&G’s fixed income team in London manages a range of funds including internal (Prudential) portfolios, retail funds and those for a growing list of institutional clients. M&G has one of the largest analyst teams in Europe, including a team of 20 specialising in restructuring and special situations investing.
M&G’s fixed income team manages over €200bn of fixed income investments across all fixed income asset classes. The Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team provides specialist restructuring advice for all of these investments and provides financing solutions for solid businesses with short term balance sheet or operational issues.
In the aftermath of the financial crisis, the work load of the team grew significantly. At the same time, certain of the fixed income asset classes were offering attractive investment opportunities, leading to the team raising its first debt opportunities fund in 2012 to capitalise on these opportunities.
The success of this first fund has been followed by the raising of a further six funds with c.€2.75bn under management, including its most recent debt opportunities fund in late 2017. The funds encompass a range of complex credit and special situations strategies aimed at providing superior risk-adjusted returns to M&G’s clients through funding the turnaround and/or growth of exciting and innovative businesses.
M&G is looking to bolster its team to support the growing activities of the Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team – both in the provision of specialist restructuring advice to M&G’s fixed income business and originating, analysing, executing and managing new investments across its special situations strategies. The role would well suit those interested in contributing to a creative and collegiate investment environment in a growing business.
Providing written and financial analysis and models to support (a) the restructuring of fixed income investments; and (b) investments in private and public debt situations:
- Working with in-house credit analysts and / or external financial and legal advisors to provide analysis.
- Contributing to the analysis, development and implementation of the strategy for managing the restructuring of fixed income investments and / or enforcement of related security.
- Working with in-house credit analysts to develop investment proposals.
- Providing written updates to both internal clients (portfolio managers, credit analysts and management) and external clients.
- Contributing to the origination of new money investment opportunities and analysing and executing the same
- Contributing to formal internal credit processes including regular reporting to the Problem Credit Committee.
- Build and maintain relationships with other professionals (both internal and external).
- Working both as a member of a multi-disciplinary team on larger, more complex situations, and independently, with limited supervision on more straight forward situations.
- High quality degree and either an accounting qualification (CA), CFA, MBA or further study in finance.
- Prior experience in restructuring advisory, leveraged finance, direct lending, or special situations investment.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, including significant financial modelling experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Disciplined approach to complying with internal protocols, processes and reporting lines.
- Team focused person who is looking for experience in the distressed debt market, and who is willing to be flexible about the type and amount of work they are asked to do, to suit the requirements of the team.
- Admits the limitations of their skills and experience, works within them, and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Able to demonstrate an interest in investing.
- Ability to speak a major European language would be helpful.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job