Analyst - Microscopy - Cotswold
This role is part of the Microscopy Section and consists of a small team of analysts carrying out a wide range of work with food structure, food packaging and foreign bodies reported from food. On offer is a salary range £17,500 - £18,350 and excellent benefits plus holiday exchange scheme.
My client are looking for an analyst to work within the Microscopy Section, principally on contract services dealing mainly with the identification of foreign bodies reported from food. PLEASE NOTE - This is not a microbiology position and my client are looking for candidates with knowledge and experience in microscopy.
To undertake identification of glass samples and foreign bodies reported from food and all associated activities.
Main Duties include:
- To undertake microscopic investigations of glass fragments and other foreign bodies, food packaging and food structure and other materials using light and scanning electron microscopy, X-ray microanalysis and FT-IR analysis after appropriate training, and carry out other technical operations in accordance with the position as instructed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Science degree and a broad scientific background
· Lab experience is desired
· Good with scientific equipment in general
· Specific microscopy experience desirable, but not essential
· Investigative, problem-solving turn of mind.
· Ability to work on own or as part of a small team
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH43306 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'