Opportunity to work for a well-established organisation who are currently in the process of relocating to larger premises. They are seen as a market leader for the services they provide and possess an extremely high level of technical knowledge for the multiple industries they work with.
The role will initially be a 2 year fixed term contract with the likelihood of that being extended or made permanent in the future.
As the analyst (microbiology), you will assist in the day to day running of the laboratories undertaking a range of analysis and entering results into the system. The role will also involve the development of analytical methods and some general administrative duties (as required for the day-to-day functioning of the laboratory). Your duties will include:
- Undertaking analysis, interpreting results, reporting findings and providing appropriate scientific and technical advice
- Performing investigative analysis as directed to provide adequate evidential support as required for customer purposes
- Compiling reports as required in line with customer demands and timescales
- Undertaking analytical and investigative work for the development of analytical methods
- Participating in general administrative duties as needed for the day-to-day functioning of the laboratory
To be successful in your application for the analyst (microbiology) position, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a microbiology focused analysts role
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field (microbiology, biology, biochemistry, etc.)
- Experience of food/water examination/analysis is desirable
- Familiarity with DNA and/or EISA testing is desirable
- Previous experience of working with LIMS is desirable
- Must have a driver's license and own transport as the role may involve covering two sites initially
In return, the analyst (microbiology) will receive a salary of £18,500-£21,000 (dependent on experience) plus pension.
PLEASE NOTE - the role will initially be based in a laboratory in Carmarthenshire which is currently being relocated to Cardiff (move due to be completed this year). Transport is provided from Cardiff to Carmarthenshire departing at 8am each morning.
If you wish to work with this secure and established organisation, please click on the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
- Laboratory Technician
- Quality Control Technician
- Laboratory Analyst
- Microbiology Technician
- QC Technician
- Microbiology Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job