As an Ammunition Technician you’ll learn to inspect, repair, store and destroy everything from rifle ammunition to guided weapons. You’ll have responsibility early in your career and very thorough training - when you finish learning you’ll already be a Lance Corporal. Work with front line units and UK security services, deploying to operate Bomb Disposal Robots.
Later you can progress to become a Bomb Disposal operator (with extra pay), serving operationally at home or overseas. You can take your career in all kinds of directions; Weapons Intelligence, Defence Procurement and Advanced Improvised Explosive Device Disposal to name but a few.
Find where you belong.
If you want to be an Ammunition Technician, you have to go to a selection course before you start any training. The 'Ammunition Standing Testing Board’ is held over two days at Kineton and will make sure you’re up to the job. If you pass, you'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle.
Then it’s a 35-week Class 2 course at the Defence Academy Shrivenham and Kineton which teaches you about ammunition used in the Army. You learn how to inspect, test, fix, move, store and destroy it safely. Once you’re fully trained, you can develop your skills in bomb disposal.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Level 2 Certificate Logistics & Transport
- Affiliate Membership of CILT
- NVQ Level 2 Apprenticeship Explosive Storage and Maintenance
- Opportunity to gain higher qualifications as your career progresses
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become an Ammunition Technician and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 - 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age:
New enlistments: 17.9 - 43 years
Ex-Regular: 17.9 - 52 years
Specialist (Soldier): 17.9 - 50 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
GCSE Grade A-C/9-4 in at least English Language and Maths GCSE Grade A-C/9-4 Physics, Science or Integrated Science.
- Mid Thigh Pull 46kg
- Medicine Ball Throw 2.9m
- 2km run 11m 15s (11m30s for Junior Entry)
Our next deadline for application is 30th September 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'