CDD & AML Analyst
£40,000 - £450,000 per annum, 25 days holiday, Bonus, Private Healhcare
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical bank based in new offices in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, a stones throw away from central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group who are the 2nd largest bank in Qatar, we've got exciting growth plans and aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
We're looking for a CDD & AML Analyst - a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career.
Purpose of the role:
Manage, plan and undertake customer due diligence (CDD) reviews of the Bank’s new and existing customers. Ensure high quality and controls of customers on-boarding processes and the re-assessment of its customers relationships to strengthen the Bank's control framework and ensure compliance with our regulatory obligations. The role includes liaison with sales, customer onboarding, risk & compliance and operational groups across the Bank.
Key responsibilities and tasks
• Research and validate customer identification data/evidence using appropriate internal and external data sources, ensuring customers are classified in line with required regulations and the ongoing quality and timely maintenance/refresh of existing customer data.
• Partner with, guide and advise Retail Sales customer facing employees and management and other key stakeholders across the Bank (e.g. Compliance, Risk, Operations) and acting as a control and review subject matter expert on various topics (such as KYC, AML/CTF, Anti-Fraud etc.). This will be through effective and regular training and communication
• Daily monitoring of account refresh activity to ensure all regulatory/document requirements are met.
• Perform regular business controls and reviews with accuracy, consistency and good quality; identifying risk factors and producing the results for reporting purposes in a timely manner.
• Collate information, report on and share the results of control reviews with all relevant stakeholders, and where issues are identified that they are being escalated on a timely basis in line with risk and compliance standards.
• Identify areas of improvement and make recommendations for solutions to mitigate risks and/or streamline existing controls for increased efficiency.
• Validate, monitor and document controls and review results on an ongoing basis.
• Partner with the line manager in undertaking the responsibility to approve applications for onboarding a customer, completing annual reviews and remediation cases
• Deliver one off activities and projects to the outcomes and standards agreed with line manager.
• Record keeping, monitoring and reporting MI for colleagues and Management
- Credit Risk
- Retail Banking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job