Ambient and Packaging Buyer
c£24,000 DOE Plus Benefits
We’re mad about organic veg. It’s at the core of everything we do. We love to grow it, pack it into boxes and deliver it to customers’ doorsteps around the UK. This takes a lot of brilliant people, with a range of skills and knowledge.
Riverford began in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries. We’ve grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub. We employ people across many areas including IT, Logistics, Sales, HR, Finance and Marketing (and more besides).
Our culture and values set us apart from other businesses. Riverford is a friendly, informal place to work, with a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit. We’re committed to providing a fair deal for growers, customers and staff.
What you’ll be doing
Our farm in Devon delivers to around 40,000 customers a week across the country. Working with the procurement team and all the departments across production, your role will be key in helping us to deliver an exceptional offer to all our customers.
Despite being known best known for fresh produce, we also offer a wide range of chilled and ambient lines, from dairy products through to drinks. These will need managing very closely so we maintain availability for our customers as well as ensuring they are of the upmost quality. This involves working closely with our suppliers and developing good relationships to ensure products arrive on time and in full. Following delivery, you will also be responsible for processing invoices efficiently, guaranteeing our suppliers are paid on time.
We rely on our packaging at Riverford, from the biodegradable net we use to pack oranges to the boxes we deliver our veg in. As part of this role, all these lines need to be managed effectively, which involves liaising with suppliers closely, as well as looking for any potential cost savings while also making the correct environmental decision.
All the above will mean that you’re a well organised individual who enjoys juggling different responsibilities and is excited to pursue a career in procurement. You will have daily contact with suppliers, and will have the ability to nurture and grow our existing relationships. You will play an important role in the wider procurement team, with the ability to provide cover to colleagues when required. This will be a great opportunity for an ambitious individual, keen to challenge themselves and looking to make a difference in a fast paced and growing business.
- Procurement of all ambient product lines, ensuring complete fulfilment to the customer
- Purchasing all the packaging lines ensuring that the demand is satisfied throughout production
- Have an active procurement role in our growing recipe box business
- Communicating efficiently with all stakeholders, specifically our wide supplier base
- Management of the whole order process, from the raising of purchase orders to ensuring invoices match
- Working within the wider procurement team offering cover in different areas
- Managing the movement of goods between our different farms
- Maintaining pricing agreements
Skills & experience
- Must be able to demonstrate some procurement and/or buying experience
- Great communication skills
- Ideally have experience of processing purchase orders and dealing with invoices
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- An efficient decision maker in a high paced environment
- You must have excellent organisational and planning skills with great attention to detail
- Previous experience of working with an ERP or stock management system would be advantageous
- The aspiration to develop a career within procurement
- Team player, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable, demonstrating a positive 'can-do’ attitude
- Enjoy working within a fast-paced environment
Riverford is a beautiful place to work, with lots of great people - and other benefits too. We offer 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a generous company pension scheme and an annual profit share. We love food and hope you do too, so we give staff 25% off everything we sell on our website; heavily discounted organic breakfasts and lunches in the staff canteen; and free organic fruit and veg. There are also many social events for staff, with two big parties a year.
To apply for the role of Ambient and Packaging Buyer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Ambient and Packaging Buyer, Procurement Co-ordinator, Procurement Officer, Procurement Executive, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Purchasing & Procurement.
Working hours: 40 hours per week, with the occasional weekend and the requirement to be on call over the weekend on a rota system
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job