My client is looking for an experienced Alumni Executive to coordinate and be the main contact in developing a global alumni program for the firm.
Reporting to the Communications Manager and working as part of the Marketing & Business Development team, this will be an international role.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Development of a global programme for alumni engagement that supports the firm’s strategy and objectives
- Management of the firm's online alumni networking platform, including the wider implementation of this engagement tool across multiple international offices
- Development of career placement services and a referral network
- Project management of alumni events, including developing themes, execution and follow-up
- Measuring success of all alumni engagement tools and overall return on investment
- Coordinate with the communications team to help develop and execute the external communications plan (e.g. interviews with alumni and current staff and partners, newsletters, thought leadership pieces, speaking opportunities, social media etc.) ensuring key messages are clear and consistent and content is in line with the firm's objectives
- Internal promotion - collaborate with the communications team to help promote the value, benefits and goals of the alumni programme
- Internal reporting - provide regular updates for the programme's senior stakeholders on project progress, plans and success stories
- Coordinate with the events team to plan and execute general or more targeted alumni events and work with colleagues across the wider Marketing team to ensure alumni contacts are targeted for appropriate events and communications
- Act as the main point of contact for all alumni queries both internally and externally and build relationships
- Develop and maintain good understanding of competitor activities
- Collaborate with colleagues across the international firm to ensure centrally held alumni data is complete and up-to-date
- Work with HR to ensure all leavers are invited to register as alumni
- Measure overall programme effectiveness (interaction with the alumni, vacancies filled through using the alumni channels, new clients and business won through the alumni scheme
- Engage with existing employees to better understand the offering from their exiting alumni relationships and how this can be built on to offer something unique to the firms alumni
- Day to day management of the alumni portal
The Successful Applicant:
- A background in communications or marketing would be beneficial
- Project management skills and/or event management experience
- Excellent MS skills (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Flexible and "can-do" approach.
- Understand impact of international network and of different cultures and their way of working
- An ability to work within a team as well as on their own initiative
- Good influencing and relationship building skills
- Results focused and ability to prioritise effectively
- Experience of working in a professional environment and offering excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident and calm under pressure and a pragmatic approach
- A pro-active mind-set, willingness to learn and desire to deliver high quality work
- The ambition to make a wider contribution and to challenge and exceed expectations
This is a full time, permanent position within a fantastic team, in an international law firm. The hours are 9.30 - 5.30 and offers a flexible working approach. The salary is circa £35,000, but it is worth discussing salary expectations. The role would suit someone who is experienced in Alumni and looking to develop and further their career and take much responsibility. The role offers real scope for progression.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please do not hesitate to contact Rowena Bubb of Lewis Row Ltd for further information and a discussion.
- Alumni Relations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job