Full Time/ Permanent
£30, 364 - £33, 187 - Depending on experience & qualifications
Based across St Albans & Welwyn Garden City Campus
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Additional Learning Support Tutor to join our team. As an ALS Tutor, you will play a crucial role in providing personalized educational support to students with diverse learning needs. Your expertise and passion for helping others will empower students to overcome challenges and achieve their academic goals.
Identify individual learning needs and create tailored support plans for students.
- Deliver one-on-one or small group tutoring sessions, focusing on specific subjects or learning strategies.
- Develop and implement instructional materials and resources to cater to various learning styles and abilities.
- Collaborate with teachers and support staff to ensure a cohesive and inclusive learning environment.
- Assess students' progress and adjust tutoring strategies accordingly to maximize their learning outcomes.
- Empower students with study skills, time management techniques, and organizational strategies.
- Provide emotional and motivational support to enhance students' self-confidence and academic performance.
- Stay updated with the latest educational practices and technologies to improve tutoring approaches.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff to ensure a collaborative and supportive network.
- Complete exam access arrangements
Additional Learning Support Tutor - Required Skills: -
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Special Education, Psychology, or a related field.
- Previous experience in tutoring, teaching, or working with individuals with additional learning needs is preferred.
- Familiarity with various learning disabilities, behavioural challenges, and accommodations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and establish a positive learning environment.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help students succeed academically and emotionally.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt tutoring techniques based on individual learning styles and needs.
Interview date TBC - We reserve the right to close the advert early should suitable candidates be found, therefore early applications are advised.
Additional Learning Support Tutor - WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous annual leave - 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
- Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
- Special Education
- Learning Styles
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'