Our client, an established breeding facility, are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to work within their team and contribute towards the care and welfare of a variety of animals. The successful candidate will receive further training and have the opportunity to develop and learn within their multi-species animal facility in East Yorkshire.
Full driving licence and own transport are essential due to rural location.
- Previous experience of working with (and handling) animals
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English, Maths and Science
- Home Office Personal Licence is desirable
- Experience of performing regulated procedures is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant Home Office legislation
- Interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and flexible approach to work
- Participate in weekend/cover rota.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle and care for the animals with empathy, ensuring that their welfare needs are catered for
- Provide diet, water and bedding to the animals
- Change cages and associated equipment
- Assist in the handling of animals for various procedures, if licensed to carry out procedural duties
- Perform cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Prepare equipment and materials for use on studies
- Record routine study data both manually and using electronic data capture system
- Ensure that sufficient stock levels of animals and consumables are maintained by ordering animals, consumables, and specialist equipment (including PPE) from internal and external sources as required
- Be flexible in supporting the team, overtime is required on a rota system to care for the welfare of the animals.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Science
- Animal Welfare
- Animal Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job