ALN teaching assistant -
- Do you have a passion to better the lives and education of children with additional needs?
- Are you an ALN teaching assistant that is currently working in a mainstream school and is keen to gain experience in an ALN school?
- Are you a proactive and enthusiastic ALN teaching assistant that is open to work with different age groups?
If you answered yes to any of the above then this ALN teaching assistant role is for you!
The Post - ALN Teaching Assistant
We are supporting an ALN school with their day to day and long term supply roles. Starting ASAP, they require full-time teaching assistants to cover the absence of permanent members of staff, with the successful candidates being required to take on a variety of roles across the school depending on the given staff absences that day. Flexibility is therefore an essential aspect of this role as your responsibilities can quickly change, with no two days likely to be the same.
The ideal ALN teaching assistant will have experience supporting children or adults with complex needs including medical needs and personal care. Ideally you will have previous classroom experience along with strong communication and interpersonal skills, however if you have limited classroom experience and ALN support work to date but are willing to learn and can work confidently as part of a team then we would love to hear from you.
The School - ALN School
Based in Flintshire and with excellent transport links into Denbighshire and West Cheshire, this ALN school caters for a range of special educational needs for children from across the authority. These secondary aged pupils have a range of physical and medical needs impacting on their educational needs. Classes are small and there is a high volume of teaching assistants present to support their needs, with an alternative curriculum in place to develop both the pupil's life skills as well as their education.
What to expect from Excell Supply
- Excellent rates of pay
- Work that you want - we listen to your needs
- Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £50 per referral
- A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
- Access to discounts with over 3000 retailers via our Excell Rewards Programme
- Opportunity for permanent positions
- Support and advice from our professional mentors including lesson observations
- Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job