Alliance Disclosure Officer
We are currently recruiting for Disclosure Officers to work for Devon and Cornwall Police at their Devonport station in Plymouth.
This is a full-time temporary role working Monday to Friday 37 hours a week.
To provide support to the Alliance Disclosure Manager in ensuring that both Devon & Cornwall and Dorset Police comply with their obligations under relevant legislation and guidance in relation to non-operational disclosures.
CAFCASS, Court Production Orders, Housing Information Exchange
Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), ABI Insurance MOU, Specific Intelligence Disclosures, Mental Health Liaison with the NHS, Gangmasters Licensing Authority, Placement with Parents, Common Law Police Disclosure (CLPD).
Day to day duties include:
- To act as a single point of contact for the Force in progressing numerous non-operational disclosures as listed above.
- Access relevant systems and other sources of information; obtaining information, either electronic or hard copy.
- Personally determine, on a case by case basis, whether the force will supply the requested information. Judgement is based upon an evaluation of the information gathered; any legal constraints or relevant permissions; whilst ensuring that any disclosure that could jeopardise an on-going criminal investigation or pose a threat to individuals is redacted.
- Draft detailed correspondence conveying the decision made and the justification for that decision and, where applicable, ensure partner agencies can understand fully why information has not been provided.
- Meet agreed time-scales as laid down by legislation or within a specific Service Level Agreement.
- Understand, interpret and resolve any ambiguities within a relevant request or communicate directly with the relevant organisation based on detailed knowledge of what can be lawfully disclosed.
- Liaise with the Joint Legal Services Department to determine whether the Court Order potentially needs to be varied.
- Record and justify decisions made on disclosure/non disclosure whilst considering legislation and safeguarding concerns.
- When dealing with private solicitors ensure the appropriate fees are paid for the information being disclosed.
- Liaising with Police Officers for further clarification regarding an incident as necessary.
- Ensure any relevant intelligence is disclosed with due regard to the handling of intelligence guidance to protect the source of that information.
- Responsibility for the disclosure of relevant information to authorised agencies when an employee of that agency has been arrested, charged and/or convicted of a crime, in accordance with Force Policy, the National Guidelines and Common Law Disclosure.
- Provide peer support to other team members as and when needed. Such support allows transfer of knowledge, and ensures that all team members are adequately skilled in all areas of specialism
- Working with Disturbing Evidence/Observation of Disturbing Circumstances
Role-Specific Training and CPD to be undertaken.
- Force IT systems such as UNIFI, OIS, CIS, PNC, STORM, NSPIS and Niche
- CycFreedom - Case Management software
Essential Activities of the role
- Provide specialist advice and knowledge
- Provide customer service.
- Gather information to support action
Essential experience and specialist skills and knowledge
- An understanding of the principles around disclosure
- Awareness of the Data Protection Act
- Proven ability to undertake effective research
- Good decision making skills
- An understanding of risk management
- Demonstrable ability to draft well structured letters and reports outlining a particular rationale or justification for a decision
- Proven ability to interrogate, input to and manipulate databases
- Proven skills in MS Office, especially 'Word'
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'