Alcentra (the “Firm”) is a global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets. The firm has an investment track record dating back to 1998, and today employs 126 people, including 61 investment professionals. Alcentra has assets under management of approximately $31.5 billion (as of 31 March 2017) across strategies involving senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, and structured credit. Our investors include pension funds, insurance companies, banks, and high net worth individuals. A subsidiary of BNY Mellon Asset Management, Alcentra is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston, and representatives in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please visit our website at for more information.
This role represents a rare opportunity for a Business development professional / Alternative Credit product specialist to become a valued member of a top performing team in a fast-paced yet mentoring environment. A proven ability to work well in a team environment is a requirement. This role is based in Alcentra’s London headquarters and will involve engaging with institutional investors both directly and indirectly across continental EMEA.
- You will effectively market Alcentra’s existing and planned product offering across continental EMEA.
- You will attend meetings in Europe with existing investors and new prospect Attend/Host meetings held in the Alcentra London office.
- Manage day-to-day communications and requests for information from BNY Mellon local sales representatives. Lead/organize responses to investors for information, write tailored initiation and follow-up correspondence, and tailor marketing and communication materials to targeted audiences.
- You will tailor marketing and communications materials to specific investors segments.
- Work with Product Management to prepare custom presentation materials for investors meetings, follow-up and finalist interviews. Prepare competitive analysis and background information to best present the firm’s investment capabilities.
- Host on-site due diligence meetings with prospective investors
- Maintain strong working relationships and coordination with internal investment professionals and product management support teams / IR function and the Consultant Relations team to meet the needs of investors including the review and editing of questionnaires, RFPs/RFIs, and ad hoc data information requests from existing investors
- Maintain strong product knowledge of marketable investment strategies, including differentiators, strategy descriptions, fee schedule, etc.
- Update notes on conversations and progress with consultants in Engage/Salesforce CRM.
- Attend industry events and conferences throughout the year and establish an informal network of relationships with investors.
This is a talent pipeline posting
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1715771
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job