Alcentra is a global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt with assets under management of approximately $34 billion. Alcentra employs 147 people, including 70 investment professionals. The firm has an investment track record that dates back to 1998 and strategies that include: senior loans, high yield bonds, direct lending, structured credit, stressed/distressed debt and multi-strategy credit. The investor base includes pension funds, insurance companies, banks and asset management firms. Alcentra is owned by BNY Mellon Asset Management and headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston and a local presence in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Role covers all aspects of Operational Risk framework, working alongside a Senior Risk Analyst, reporting to the Head of Risk Management including:
- Owning parts of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process including attending meetings, challenging business owners on risks and controls and making updates to the RCSA system.
- Owning parts of the ICAAP process including collation of the ICAAP document, attending and writing up Scenario analysis workshops and gathering and challenging supplementary information.
- Owning the event and breach process including material loss entry into relevant BNYM systems
- Corporate risk reporting pack production globally including R&C / Board Risk Committees, US AIFMD committee.
Reporting to BNYM Group Risk:
- Day to day maintenance of the counterparty risk process including monitoring ratings via Bloomberg and running annual creditworthiness and KYC review processes.
- Owning the Key Risk Indicator process and assisting with drafting of the Group Risk Appetite Statement.
- Assisting in the Strategic & Emerging risk identification and assessment process and with actions as relevant
- Running the action management working group (for outstanding actions in the RCSA)
- Ensuring all group deadlines are met
- Maintaining the Risk Policy tracker
- Ad hoc projects and investigations
Job Specific Competencies:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with various professionals and teams across the region.
- Quality and accuracy of work, comfortable managing a complex and varied portfolio of clients and entities
- Highly motivated self-starter with gravitas to maintain credibility with different stakeholders
- Fully conversant with Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and balance competing and conflicting priorities
- Conscientious and willingness to work as part of a team and help out on all matters
- Understanding of all aspects of the Operational risk framework
- Understanding of asset management a plus
- Highly numerate and literate with attention to detail a must
- Quick to learn with a hands-on, proactive and helpful attitude a must
- Experience of owning in total, or significant parts of, error and loss reporting process, KRIs, Risk reporting a must
- Experience of Risk and Control Self Assessments at some level, a must.
- ICAAP experience a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements.
With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 54155
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1802796
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job