Alcentra (the “Firm”) is a global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets. The firm has an investment track record dating back to 1998, and today employs 126 people, including 61 investment professionals. Alcentra has assets under management of approximately $31.5 billion (as of 31 March 2017) across strategies involving senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, and structured credit. Our investors include pension funds, insurance companies, banks, and high net worth individuals. A subsidiary of BNY Mellon Asset Management, Alcentra is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston, and representatives in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please visit our website at for more information.
This position is an important role within the team and will have exposure to various processes within Core Operations, including but not limited to:
The position will involve:
- A significant proportion of the role will be devoted to regulatory reporting, chiefly on MIFID II requirements (Transparency and Trade Reporting). Also EMIR Reporting, FATCA and CRS oversight. Also required to help the company with any new regulatory requirements, working with internal and external parties to embed procedures.
- Non Loan settlement and asset set up. In the medium term, potentially overseeing a third party to do this.
- Liaising with counterparts and managing cash levels to coordinate settlement.
- Identifying and escalating issues to traders, internal and external legal counsel and management when required
- Assisting where necessary with loan and bond maintenance to include, but not limited to, rollovers, repayments, PIK, restructures and coupon processing.
- Providing assistance in the setup of new funds; collating and distributing KYC, reviewing Warehousing Agreements, setup on internal and external systems, etc.
- Reliable, personable and hardworking. Able to grasp new concepts and regulations.
- Detail orientated individual that can multitask efficiently under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Previous knowledge of fixed income/credit and/or exposure to regulations.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements.
With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51666
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1801892
Tags: EMEA: EFC: 2-1
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job