Airfreight Export Clerk - Perishables
We are currently recruiting for an Airfreight Export Clerk to join our team who will work as a team to provide support and assistance to colleagues and line Manager as well as providing excellent customer service at all times to the Perishables division. Your role would involve building close relationships with our Customers, Kuehne + Nagel offices, Overseas agents and Service providers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Ensuring all necessary operational duties and functions are in accordance with specific working instructions and customer SOP's.
- Maintain and develop KN (Perishables) customer base to ensure that 1st class customer service is delivered at all times. Strong customer relationship to understand requirements and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain, develop and build close relationships with members of the team and other divisions and with KN offices world-wide.
- Maintain, develop and build close relationships between Operations and Sales and provide full support to Local and National Sales at all times to for gaining, retaining and implementation of clients.
- Manage and monitor the team to enforce strict compliance with KN Policies and Procedures and ensure that all work is carried out to pre-set service levels.
- Implement, maintain, develop and train KN systems to get the best benefit from KN Login, CIEL, Salog, Freightnet, Acon, etc.
- Ensure that all reports issue are done in a timely and accurate manner and that the general administration for the Division runs smoothly.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.
- Supervising Handling and coordination of airfreight (Export) shipments - end to end responsibility.
Your skills and experience
- Airfreight experience / operational knowledge
- Conversant with all aspects of air freight (export) procedures / basic airfreight knowledge
- Ability to work to demanding deadlines
- Performing general office duties
- Customer service - excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Computer literate - high level on Microsoft word/Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative
- High degree of organisational, administrative and communication skills
- Good team player with ability to monitor and motivate colleagues
- Excellent organisational/time management skills
- Knowledge of NES/GEMS
- Ensure continuous Improvement is driven operationally through CAPA Process, TIPs, Supplier Management
- Must adhere to company's Rules and Regulations on DGR (ref to aviation working instructions)
?This role is a permanent role and will involve working between the following hours of 09:00 - 21:00
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job