Aircraft Engineer Apprentice
Reporting directly to the Engineering Training Manager, the Apprentice Aircraft Engineer is part of a team responsible for maintaining aircraft to an approved standard within the Engineering and Maintenance Division. Apprentices will be trained on the job using state of the art machinery and equipment. They will study the required modules to obtain an Level 3 Diploma in Aviation Maintenance and you will also be taught and mentored by highly experienced engineers within the base maintenance environment.
What you will be doing
The four year Apprenticeship will involve placements at Stansted Airport College to carry out the theoretical and practical aircraft engineering training. You will also spend time in various departments within TUI Aviation to learn and understand how the supporting back office departments work and airport line placements to experience line maintenance during our busy flying period. You will also be carrying out live maintenance on TUI Airways aircraft, Group aircraft and third-party aircraft under the direct supervision of certified licensed engineers.
What we are looking for
- The minimum requirement of 4 GCSE’s grade 4 to 9 or equivalent, with Maths, English and Science accounting for 3 of them
- To attend an assessment day which will include a basic hand skills test and a theory test to the level required to pass the module units to the apprenticeship standard
- Be able to work within different teams
- Be able to study for, sit and pass the modules required
- Maintain personal records of training and experience in a timely manner
- Display the ability to be punctual
- Be prepared to travel to gain experience and work at outstations during placements
- Be able to produce a Criminal Records Basic Disclosure for airside pass issue and renewal
- Hold a valid UK driving licence on completion of the apprenticeship
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV - please ensure your CV includes your expected or obtained grades at GCSE
Applications close 30 April 2019
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend a full day assessment day at Stansted Airport College covering both theoretical and practical sessions
- Those successful at the assessment day, will then be invited to attend a further one or two stage interview at our offices in Luton
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'