Role: Aircraft Deliveries Engineer - IFE
Location: Qatar, Doha
Main activities of role: -
You will oversee the build assembly including the delivery process of new required aircraft specific to the IFE system scope of company granted Authorisation. You will elevate and consult all unresolved deficiencies, related to IFE and cabin electrical systems, to Manager Aircraft Deliveries for resolution, proposing alternative solutions as applicable. You will ensure that all related deficiencies noted are properly documented and corrected. Deficiencies that cannot be corrected are embedded in the associated commitment letter for investigation and resolution as agreed.
- To supervise a team of technical assistants which would be responsible for the final release accomplished by the Licensed Aircraft Engineer - Level I (IFE).
- To ensure that the airline receives the best possible product by evaluating the build assembly and delivery process of newly acquired aircraft at the respective manufacturing sites which shall include but not be limited to components, systems installation and functionality associated with the scope of company granted approval.
- Participation of aircraft manufacturer's customer presentations of assembled areas including a review to ensure that company quality standards and expectations are always being maintained. Ensure exceptional high-quality standards are being maintained.
- Perform inspection in accordance to related In-flight Entertainment (IFE) and cabin electrical systems during final acceptance phase prior aircraft delivery ensuring all defined delivery criteria are met.
- Participation of associated customer flight to verify functionalities of related In-flight Entertainment (IFE) and cabin electrical systems are satisfactory.
- Ensuring that all associated findings are properly documented and corrected to the Airlines' satisfaction.
- Daily interact and liaise with Airbus/Boeing and Supplier representatives to ensure deficiencies found during delivery phase are correctly addressed.
- Elevate and consult all unresolved deficiencies, related to IFE and cabin electrical systems, to Manager Aircraft Deliveries for resolution, proposing alternative solutions as applicable.
- Identify program related issues and liaise technical concerns to respective Qatar Airways department in order to place a solution on a timely manner
- All manufacturer's published technical documents relating to open fleet concerns are reviewed and validated during delivery phase of an aircraft ensuring items that affect the fleet operation are highlighted to responsible Aircraft Deliveries section for contractual resolution.
- Provide guidance and technical advice on related In-flight Entertainment (IFE) and cabin electrical systems to other Aircraft Deliveries Engineers - Level I.
- To ensure that the airline receives the best possible product by evaluating the build assembly and delivery process of newly acquired aircraft at the respective manufacturing sites as pertain the cabin installation and functionality of associated cabin systems and components.
- You must hold a Relevant College or University qualification to minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent
- You must be a Licensed Engineer holding ICAO type 2/Part 66 aircraft license with a minimum 7 years’ experience and holding valid aircraft type authorisations.
- You will also have at least 6 years of job-related experience.
- You should have good understanding of aircraft manufacturing, aircraft production and delivery process. You must have a sound knowledge of associated IFE systems and knowledgeable in QCAA, EASA, ICAO and FAA regulations.
- You will have ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes and deadlines.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'