Airbus Operating System Expert: UK
No matter where your talents lie, working as part of Airbus means you are directly contributing to a more connected society, helping to bring people together in an evolving and emerging world.
We make it Fly!
Located on the North Wales /Cheshire border, Broughton is the largest Airbus plant in the UK and home to more than 6,000 employees, Broughton focuses primarily on manufacturing of wings of the Airbus family of aircraft, but also houses engineering and support functions such as procurement and finance. Airbus has invested more than £2 billion in the Broughton plant over the past 10 years.
A vacancy has opened at Airbus for the position of Airbus Operating System (AOS) Expert UK. The successful candidate will join the team at Broughton, supporting all sites in UK and abroad, including overseas Final Assembly Lines and other sites in Europe.
You will contribute directly to the Airbus Industrial strategy by defining and deploying ways of working within operational teams with direct contact with key stakeholders.
With a deep knowledge of lean principles and a proven shop-floor experience in Manufacturing, you will address systemic operational performance issues with piloted, standardised and sustainable solutions through the Airbus Operating System:
- Improving business efficiency and results achievement by advising plant stakeholders at manager and senior manager level on business priorities and how to make the most of the standards, methods and associated behaviours.
- Supervising business improvement / transformation roadmaps, the jobholder will identify which Lean/AOS standards best match the manufacturing areas needs OR trigger new Lean AOS standards definition.
- Growing the knowledge and autonomy of business managers and change agents by supporting the implementation of AOS/Lean standards and continuous improvement solutions in manufacturing areas.
- Promoting the use of internal good practices and external benchmarking by acting transversally with the extended manufacturing communities.
As the Airbus Operating System Expert, some of the tasks and responsibilities you can expect may include:
- Develop new Lean/AOS standards to answer the business issues and priorities. As per AOS/Lean brick 6 phase methodology: Stake, Standard way of working, Pilot, Learning solution, Deployment plan and Assessment.
- Define/update the required competence model for the standards.
- Pilot the Lean/AOS standards first implementations in the plant following the AOS deployment strategy with a “we do, you do” logic.
- Assess standard implementation is at the right level through the implementation checklist.
- Provide knowledge transfer in dedicated manufacturing areas/populations to local plant teams (from business managers to change agents).
- Assess Plants/Final Assembly Lines industrial maturity through the Airbus Industrial assessment (including operation performance & AOS standard adherence).
- Lead or contribute to dedicated Airbus Task Forces through AOS stream: diagnostic, solution definition and implementation, results demonstration.
- Contribute to key project with Lean/AOS skills and competences in the frame of ad-hoc senior management requests to ensure project outcomes are delivering tangible benefits for the company and enabling sustainable and long term performance.
The role is located in Broughton with frequent travel to other Airbus plants in Spain and abroad as part of the transversal team. The team is covering overseas Final Assembly Lines in US, Canada and China as well as supporting AOS deployment in areas with lower AOS maturity.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, and solid knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, production management and industrialisation principles.
- Experience of leading Lean/continuous Improvement projects demonstrating tangible and sustainable results.
- Able to demonstrate operational management experience in the implementation and optimisation of industrial systems (conception phase, implementation, management of production processes).
- Good communication skills, active listening and a pro-active approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Proven coaching/training competencies, Leadership, Assertiveness to influence and challenge the status quo.
- Experienced in Project Management, including multifunctional teams and financial aspects.
- English and Spanish language at negotiation level, French and / or German will be an asset.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
The closing date for this position is Friday 8th March 2019.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'