Our Client, a multi-national freight forwarder, has a vacancy for an Air & Sea Freight Operations Executive at their location in Redditch, Worcestershire. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a company that is rapidly expanding and offers excellent progression within the business.
Your role will involve
* Manage the day to day Sea and Air Freight operations.
* Co-ordinate the export and import bookings of Freight jobs.
* Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
* Processing jobs through the internal software system.
* Customs entries using the NES system.
* To be responsible for the daily checking of all Airfreight and Seafreight collections and deliveries and ensuring that clients are kept informed of any deviation to the agreed schedule
* Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
* Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
* Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
* Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
* Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
* Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
* Invoicing jobs on completion.
Working as part of a team you will organise the sea and air freight operations for all Export and Import Seafreight and Airfreight. You will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of the freight cycle to ensure that all collections and deliveries are being efficiently processed and that consignments are checked throughout their transit to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled..
* Sea freight operations experience.
* Ideally Air freight experience but Sea is the preferred mode.
* Excellent customer service experience
* Confident communication skills
* Good organisational skills
* Good attention to detail
* Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
* Quick thinker / problem solving
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
* Ability to work with and support a team
Salary £25,000 to £34,000
- Sea freight
- Air freight
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'