A Multi-National Global Logistics Provider offering a number of import and export freight forwarding services via air, sea and road is recruiting for an experienced Air Import Co-ordinator to be based at it's London Heathrow office.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the role will be working a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern.
Main Purpose of the Role;
The role is responsible for handling air import shipments from start to finish whilst offering exceptional service to customer base.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Manage all aspects of the air import process
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between Suppliers, Forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Cover the export operations when required
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Skills & Experience Required;
- Proven air import operations experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- I.T proficient
- An opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation recognised globally
- 4 on / 4 off shift pattern
- Competitive salary package
For full details, please contact Craig at Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
- Customer Service
- International Logistics
- Air Freight
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job