A leading pharmaceutical logistics company are looking for an Air Freight Logistics Coordinator to work in their Cambridge offices.
The client has over 30 years of dedicated experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life science logistics sectors. The company has built up a unique, client-centric approach by employing scientists in front-line logistics positions and assembling a team of best-in-class industry experts in quality, cold chain and regulatory compliance amongst others. They have offices in China, Japan, Singapore, UK, Belgium, South Africa and numerous locations throughout the continental U.S.
This role will be handling the express export logistics of pharmaceutical and medical packages. You will be working in a small team providing logistics assistance to a number of key accounts.
You must have experience of fast paced global freight forwarding to apply for this role.
Act as the first point of contact for all shipping orders and enquiries and ensure that customer interactions are handled in a pro-active and professional manner at all times.
Manage the end to end shipment process for research samples, clinical trials medicines and other pharmaceutical and healthcare related products, on a worldwide basis:
* Gather comprehensive customer and shipment requirements
* Design appropriate, compliant, and cost-effective routing solutions
* Book consignments with airlines via on-line portal, email or phone
* Print all documentation required to facilitate transit, appropriate to the shipment
* Work with overseas offices/ agents to arrange collections, customs clearance and deliveries
* Proactively monitor the status of shipments and identify and deal with any issues as they arise or escalate appropriately
* Provide the customer with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status
Ensure correct and timely completion of all after shipment tasks, including but not limited to:
* Retrieving temperature monitor data and returning this to the client
* Arranging return logistics for reusable packaging and at customer request
* Providing chain of custody details to the customer for specialist shipments
* Receiving feedback from the consignee and following up directly to resolve any issues or questions, escalating where appropriate
Proactively manage costs at all times through:
* Planning cost-effective and appropriate route solutions which do not compromise the quality of our service
* Challenging suppliers on costs and obtaining the best possible price for each shipment
* Ensuring that each shipment meets or exceeds expected gross margin targets, seeking further advice where these may not be met
* Helping resolve invoice queries when required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Math's, English and Science
* Multimodal freight experience
* Highly customer orientated role with experience of successfully managing client & supplier relationships
* Up to date knowledge of global customs procedures
* Valid Dangerous goods qualification
* Degree level or equivalent in Science or another relevant subject
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job