My client operates in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is looking to recruit a tenacious and time-effective planner to join their team in Derbyshire. The successful Air Freight Forwarder will be responsible for ensuring time-critical logistics deliveries are completed from across the global.
My client operates out of their hub in Derbyshire and primarily deals with the import and export of fast-paced air freight deliveries. Their business is rapidly expanding and they currently contract out to many house-hold names and market leading global brands. Their business has expanded considerably over the last few years and their brand has now become a premium within the time-critical logistics arena.
The successful Air Freight Forwarder will report directly into the company Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Working in a time-critical environment across air freight
- Resolve customer queries and solve logistics problems
- Actively monitoring of all shipments and setting our customer's expectations
- Providing excellent customer service
- Providing quotes and price indications to our customers
- Providing import/export solutions, when dealing with HMRC regulations.
- Producing all relevant shipping paperwork and arranging transport and collections.
The ideal Air Freight Forwarder will have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in a time dependant logistics environment is essential.
- 3 years + experience in air freight background.
- Ideally IATA or other Dangerous Goods certificate qualified.
- Desirably educated to Degree, or equivalent, level.
- Strong experience in Import/Export regulations, ideally with a worldwide remit.
- Ability to work a variety of morning and afternoon shifts, with weekend work.
- Flexibility, positive and outgoing attitude.
- The drive and tenacity to succeed, while delivering excellent customer service.
- The ability to commute within the wider Derbyshire area.
- Experience of the following systems would be beneficial: Hawbs, Manifest, Mawb.
£24,000-£30,000 + Bonus
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job