A well-established International Freight Forwarder offering import and export services via air, sea and road is recruiting for an Air Freight Co-ordinator to be based at modern offices in Redditch.
Main Purpose of the Role;
Handle import and export air freight operations from start to finish whilst offering exceptional service to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities;
• Manage the day to day Air Freight operations.
• Co-ordinate the export and import bookings of Air Freight jobs.
• Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
• Processing jobs through the software system.
• Customs entries using the NES system.
• To be responsible for the daily checking of all Airfreight collections and deliveries and post flights and ensuring that clients are kept informed of any deviation to the agreed schedule
• Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
• Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
• Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
• Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
• Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
• Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
• Invoicing jobs on completion.
Skills & Experience Required;
• Ideally air freight operations experience.
• Excellent customer service experience
• Confident communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
• Quick thinker / problem solving
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
• Ability to work with and support a team
For full details please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Import Export
- International Logistics
- Air Freight
- Freight Forwarding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"